The GDome XL Surf Bundle is the perfect housing for any surf photographer looking for a universal water housing for their DSLR | Mirrorless camera without breaking the bank and yet getting a comprehensive surf focused water housing kit that can be used for a number of different camera brands and lenses. As our housing is universal, you will not have to buy new water housings or ports as you upgrade your cameras and lenses (as long as they will fit in our housing).
Advanced underwater photographers/videographers that already have professional kits could use the GDome XL for unique specialised camera bodies or lenses that are not compatible with their current housings or port configurations.
Rental houses or individuals will be able to rent out the GDome XL, given the current rental rate charged for underwater housings, this could be extremely profitable.
The world's first universal semi-rigid modular underwater housing
Yes, this is a loaded description so we will need to break it down for you so that you can really see the value of this universal underwater housing.
When we say that the GDome XL is a universal water housing, we really do mean it! The GDome XL will work with almost any mirrorless / DSLR camera right out of the box (check the internal sizing chart to confirm this as cameras like Canon 1D could be too tall for our housing). You might think this is not unique as there are a number of housings that can do this. These housings are either completely 'soft' (made from a rubberized or PVC material)meaning that you can not add dome ports/lens extensions or even lights and GoPros to the housing. Whereas the 'hard' housings have extremely limited functionality (no ability to change settings or functions). Our housing is considered semi-rigid as the housing and ports are injection moulded and only the rear screen is made from a flexible membrane. Having a flexible rear screen, allows us to give the user full access to the camera's rear functionality. When it comes to modularity the GDome XL is fully customizable to your camera and lenses needs. Included in the box is a 55mm port adapter with a flat lens element as well as a 40mm dome port extension adapter and dome lens element. Our 80mm extension port (Optional Extra + $49) is fully compatible with the dome port adapter if you need a further extension to your GDome XL.
Compatible with these cameras:
A7 / A7MarkII / A7MarkIII / A7R / A7RMarkII / A7RMarkIII / A7RMarkIV/ A7S / A7SMarkII / A7SMarkIII / A9 / A58/ A68/ A3000 / A3500 / A5000 / A5100 / A6000 / A6100 / A6300 / A6400 / A6500 / A6600 / HX50 / HX60 / HX80 / HX300 / HX400 / NEX-3N / RX10 /RX10MarkII / RX10Mark III / RX10MarkIV/ RX100 / RX100MarkII / RX100MarkIII / RX100MarkIV/ RX100MarkV/ RX100Mark VI / RX100MarkVII ... and more
D7200 / D7100 / D7000 / D5500 / D5300 / D5200 / D5100 / D5000 / D3300 / D3200 / D3100 / D810 / D800 / D800E / D750 / D700 / D610 / D600 / D500 / D300 / D300s / D200 / D100 / D90 / D80 / D70s / P7700 / P7800 ... and more
EOS 1300D / 1200D / 1100D / 1000D / 650D / 550D / 500D / 450D / 400D / 350D / 300D / 90D / 80D / 70D / 60D / 50D / 40D / 30D / 20D / 20Ds / 10D / 7D Mark II / 7D / 6D / 5D / 5D Mark II / 5D Mark III / 5D Mark IV / SX50HS / Powershot G10 / G11 / G12 / G15 / G1x / G1x Mk II ... and more
Finepix S1 / S3 PRO / S5 PRO / X30 / X70 / X100F / X100T / X-100V / X-A1 / X-A2 / X-A3 / X-A5 / X-A7 / X-A10 / X-E1 / X-E2 / X-E2S / X-E3 / XF10 / X-H1 / X-M1 / X-Pro2 / X-Pro3 / X-Q1 / X-Q2 / X-T1 / X-T2 / X-T3 / X-T4 / X-T10 / X-T20 / X-T30 / X-T100 / X-T200 .. and more
K-5 II / K-5 IIs / K-5 / K-7 / K10 / K20 / K50 / K100 / K200 / K500 and more
GX10/GX20 and more
1) Our housing does have 10 rear bolts. Undoing these do take time in order for you to open and close the housing to get to your camera. While other housings may use fewer bolts (2-4) or latch systems, making it much quicker to open and close the housing, we have opted for a much lighter, thinner injection moulded backplate frame in order to reduce the weight, cost and production time of making the housing. While we could have used fewer bolts we opted to rather use more in order to ensure that your housing is sealed fully without a doubt.
2) When your camera is inside the GDome XL, you will not be able to control the zoom on your lens. Thus you will need to set the zoom when you put the camera into the housing before you close it up.
3) The GDome XL is rated for 5m/15ft max depth, we know it can go deeper however we limit the rating for the safety of your camera. The GDome XL is not a dive housing and should not be treated as a dive housing due to the flexible rear membrane. If you would like a housing with a solid backdoor (that will be able to achieve a deeper depth), they are available (optional extra +$35), however, you will need to add your own buttons in order to get the functionality that you require.
If you can accept the above limitations then the GDome XL is definitely the perfect housing for you.
What's In The Box
- GDome XL Housing
- 1 x Pistol Grip Trigger System
- 40mm GDome XL Dome Port Adapter
- 6.1 Inch Dome Lens Element
- Snap-On Suction Dome Lens Cover
- 55mm GDome XL Flat Lens Port Adapter
- 135mm Flat Lens Element
- 1 x Solid Backdoor
- 1 x Flexible Backdoor
- Camera Base Station With Adjustable Mounting Positions
- Rear Side to Side Movement Elimination Plate
- Removable Side Handle
- Wrist Strap
- QR Code For Online Instructions & Camera Setup Guide
- Tool Kit
- Seal lubricant
- Spare Screen Membrane
- 1/4 Stainless Steel Camera Mounting Screw
- 10 x Stainless Steel moulded easy turn finger thumbscrews for the rear plate
- 10 x Stainless steel allen-key bolts for the rear plate
- 2 x Universal Trigger Baseplate Mounts
What Is NOT Included
- No Cameras / Lenses or Accessories are included
- 80mm Extension Tube and Flat Port (optional extra)
***No Cameras / Lenses or Accessories are included