3 things that will keep your Swellpro waterproof drone flying smooth
Waterproof drones are amazing, but if like boats or any vehicle that goes on water, if you don't maintain it properly, it will decay overtime. Here are the top three things you can do to keep your Swellpro Splash Drone 4, FD1, Fisherman Max or FD3 waterproof fishing drones in their best shape.
The daily maintenance of the aircraft will directly affect its performance, lifespan, and flight safety. To avoid safety hazards and maintain the aircraft’s proper functioning.
1 - Regular Inspection Fuselage
- Check the exterior, especially for the gaps and screws.
- Make sure that the power button and battery LED indicator is working properly. Make sure that the arm and landing gear are not damaged.
- Make sure the battery compartment cover is tightly sealed to prevent the battery from falling off or water getting in during the flight.
- Make sure that all connectors at the bottom of the aircraft are tightly sealed to prevent falling off or water getting in during the flight.
- Keep the body and top cover sealing clean, dust-free. Sand or other mid-size particles might affect proper waterproof sealing.
- Make sure that the sealings have no defects or breaks. If required, light lubricant (Vaseline or silicone oil) can be applied to the sealing ring area.
- Check the exterior of the battery. If the battery is swollen, leak, or surface crack is observed, replace the battery, and dispose of the damaged battery properly in a proper battery dispose manner.
- Make sure the battery does not move or come off after installation.
- Make sure the battery life is sufficient to complete the flight and fully charged before each flight.
- Make sure that the battery plug is not bent, cracked, or blocked.
- Make sure the battery connector is clean. If the pins appear to be oxidized (looks greenish or rusty), replace the battery.
- Check the exterior of the motor to see if there are any damages.
- Rotate the motor to check if there is any obvious resistance to turning the motor.
- Start the motor without installing the propeller, and check if there are any abnormal noises.
- Make sure that the motor screws are securely installed. If there is a crack in the housing of the mounting motor, please contact SwellPro after-sales service.
- Check the motor gap for any salt, or other residuals. Rinse and clean thoroughly with water.
- Check the exterior of the propeller. If there are breakages, cracks, or creases, replace the propeller.
- Be aware of the CW/CCW mark both on the propellers and the motors, and make sure that the propellers are installed correctly accordingly.
- Check the symmetry of the propellers. Start the motor and observe the propeller's rotation. If there the propellers on the diagonal sides rotate in a different direction and accompany by severe vibrations. Replace the propellers.
- Make sure that the gimbal can move freely within its full range. If not, please contact SwellPro after-sales service.
- If the motor shaft is not working properly or the image transmission is abnormal, please check and make sure the connection between the gimbal camera and the aircraft is correct.
- Make sure that the gimbal connector is not bent, cracked, or blocked, the contact surface is clean and free of sand or other particles.
- Check the camera cable. If there are any cracks or breakages, please contact SwellPro after-sales service.
- Keep the camera lens clean. To clean the lens, use dedicated camera cleaning kits. Do not use a random solution for cleaning.
- If the live-viewing image is shaky, please contact SwellPro after-sales service.
- Check the motor gap for any salt crystallization, and if so, soak thoroughly with fresh water and clear it out.
- Make sure the connector plate is clean and free of any sand or other particles.
- Check the exterior of the remote control to see if there are any damages.
- Make sure that the buttons, switches, joysticks, knobs, and antennas are working properly. If there is abnormal friction or clamping problem, contact UrbanDrones.com after sales service. or call 954-213-4977
- Check that the display is working properly.
- Check all the functions of the remote controller according to the user manual. If there are any problems, please contact SwellPro after-sales service.
- Please always update the latest app for a better flight experience.
- After flying the drone out to the ocean, please rinse the aircraft with clean fresh water right away, especially for the motor, the gimbal camera to prevent the formation of salt and other residuals.
- If salt and other residuals being observed, soak the part into clean freshwater thoroughly and clean out the residuals.
- If the drone is wet, wipe away the water before you open the GPS cover to avoid water dripping into the cabin.
- Keep the aircraft clean, especially the lens. Recommend using a soft cloth and freshwater to clean the aircraft. Do not use any corrosive solvents for cleaning.
- Keep water, dust, or other particles from entering the aircraft.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun.
- When not in use for a long period, store the aircraft in a dry and ventilated environment, best at around 20°C - 28°C.
3 Store and Transport
- Before putting the aircraft into storage, turn off the power, disconnect the battery cables, and clean the aircraft.
- Store all the aircraft parts and accessories together.
- Store the aircraft in a dry, ventilated, cool temperature (20°C - 28°C).
- If the drone is not being used for a long period of time, ensure to fully charge the intelligent flight battery and remote controller for storage. To prevent the battery from over-discharge, recharge the battery every 3 months.
- Do not leave both the intelligent flight battery and remote controller battery unattended for an excessive period of time (longer than 3 months). As the battery discharge over time, long storage time without recharge would result in battery over-discharge and cause permanent damage to the battery.
- It is recommended to fully charge the battery before putting into storage, as the higher the battery level, the longer the battery can be stored.