Before you fly the Splash Drone 3, make sure you have viewed this Swellpro tutorial video to introduce some of the important precautions to ensure safe operation. For those who prefer to read instead, here's full script of the video.
Welcome to this Swellpro tutorial video. In this video, we will introduce some important precautions regarding the safe operation of the Splash Drone 3.
1. Please make sure you have tightened the screw of the gimbal with a screwdriver or a coin. When connecting the waterproof plug, match the slot of the plug with the raised piece in the socket and tighten the plug securely
2. When inserting the Micro SD card into the camera, please insert the card in the correct position. Close the rubber waterproof cover and press down gently
3. Before turning on the controller, flick the 4 switches on the controller to their uppermost position, if not the controller will sound an alarm on powering up, flicking up the switches will stop the alarm. Once the controller is powered on, flick the camera switch to the preview mode.
4. After powering the drone on, please place the battery cable behind the battery to prevent the magnetic interference of the cable from affecting the accuracy of the GPS system
5. When closing up the hatch lid, make sure there is no foreign matter on the silicon seal and the arrow on the cover points to the front of the aircraft
6. When restarting the Splash Drone, power it off hand then wait for 3 seconds before reconnecting the battery.
7. Please take care to install the propellers onto the corresponding motors. CW indicates clockwise and CCW indicates counterclockwise. To prevent excessive pressure on the landing gear, support the motor arms when installing the propellers, make sure the propellers are securely tightened.
8 After setting the camera, please turn off the wifi of the camera. The WiFi will be automatically shut down when the camera is controlled by the remote controller. When the remote controller is powered on and the camera switch is at the Camera or Video mode, the wifi cannot be turned on.
9. In GPS mode, please make sure the drone has 9 or more GPS satellites before take-off, this will ensure the accuracy of the return -home function
10. Please maintain vigilance of the battery voltage on the OSD during flight. There are 2 levels of low battery alert from the drone: the level one alert is that the yellow LED flashes 3 times at 14.8 volts. The level two alert is that the yellow LED constantly flashes at 14.4 volts and the drone will automatically land. When
the first alert occurs, retrieve the drone immediately. Its very risky to continue flying the drone when the level 2 alert is triggered which might damage the battery.
11. When the drone is returning home automatically, you can still resume control of the drone, for example, if the landing platform is not flat or safe, flick the return-home switch back to the Normal mode and the drone will stop its auto landing and allow manual control.
12. If the drone is exposed to seawater, please rinse it with fresh water properly soon after the flight. This prevents seawater crystals from damaging the motors
13. If the display on the FPV monitor becomes noisy, please tilt up both antennas on the controller. A good angle is anything between 45 degrees and vertical. Try selecting from the following channels: A6 A7 B2 B4 B7 C1 C2 C7 D2 D6 D7. For more about the adjustment of the video transmission channels, please
refer to the tutorial about the video transmitter setup. These are the precautions of the Splash Drone 3.
Splash drone 3 available in the USA at UrbanDrones.com. It shipped from the US, so place your order now by calling 954-213-4977
Comments will be approved before showing up.
$50 weekly giveaway
We announce the winner every week.